In this talk we will explore the world of time series and unique set of problems time series present to the developers. We will discuss the engineering principles behind QuestDB's design, focusing on high performance. We will also explore how technical and economical constraints of cloud providers shape database architectures.
Some of the challenges we are going to touch on are:
- Geographical data distribution with cloud-native replication
- Simplifying data pipelines with HA writes
- Data visualization with high-performance SQL extensions and window functions
- Reducing cost of data ownership with database-native cold storage integration
- Providing data scientists with scalable data access
- Vectorized and multithreaded SQL execution
Co-Founder & CTO @QuestDB, OG Author of PSY-Probe, Geek
I bring over 30 years of experience in software engineering to my current role as the Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder at QuestDB. In this capacity, I thrive on addressing multifaceted challenges across technology, team dynamics, business growth, customer relations, and marketing strategies. Prior to co-founding QuestDB, I specialized in developing electronic trading systems and providing robust technological support for a diverse range of financial markets, including FX, Equity, Commodities, and cryptocurrency.